Sunday, May 4, 2014

Finding the Trail Head ...

I have been spending a bit of time contemplating how to find better balance in such chaotic times filled with such disappointing behavior from humanity; or rather finding better balance in my own life and contributing to joy instead of swimming in the river of modern day dysfunction and contributing to its growth. How do people do it?!?!

So, with this stewing in the back of my mind, I woke up early this morning, got online and happened across this amazing video, "Look Up". It brought tears to my eyes as I was so disheartened by its truth, but at the same time found it so inspirational; if that makes any sense at all. http://blog.petflow.com/this-is-a-video-everyone-needs-to-see-for-the-first-time-in-my-life-im-speechless/

I don't think it's by chance that I'm here during this time. I believe from deep in my soul it is a choice to show up on this planet when I did. For me, I think this journey is a matter of remembering how to find a peaceful existence in the day-to-day chaos, remembering to connect and not getting sucked into the ebb and flow of the dysfunction that has become the norm. Because let's be honest, that crazy ebb and flow can be intoxicating at times, which I think it's meant to be; it has its purpose. But at the same time, that very intoxication is so incredibly damaging to your soul, as it sucks the life out of you leaving you feeling hollow, unfulfilled, lonely and lost in the end. The choice then seems to be either disconnect and withdraw (my personal escape route) or dive into the river of dysfunction and frolic around with the rest of the soulless chaps and hope for the best.

So begins a new chapter, a promise I've made to myself "to remember" ... How do I find the trail head of this journey? The answer came from this morning's meditation: "Mastery of Emotional Objectivity", which incidentally connects perfectly with the video I came across this morning online. No accidents here! Time to reconnect. I then turn to the writings of Angeles Arrien (my beloved mentor who has sadly just passed), and read her take. She speaks of emotional mastery so eloquently, as "being able to work through jealousy, manipulation, seduction and possessiveness while offering emotional longevity and loyalty to others in a objective and non-possessive way while keeping a firm conviction and not abandoning oneself emotionally." Perfect I think to myself, "Look up", "Connect". I think I see the "trail head" now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment